If you are in the Synthetic Biology and Biomanufacturing industry – Round 2 of the Emerging Industry Infrastructure (EIIF) Grants is open.
The NSW Government has opened up round 2 of the Emerging Industry Infrastructure Grant (EIIF) program. The NSW 20-Year R&D Roadmap has identified biotechnology as a critical area, prime for development with outcomes providing a competitive advantage for NSW. The Office of the NSW Chief Scientist & Engineer (OCSE) has identified the need for shared infrastructure supporting synthetic biology and biomanufacturing. This has led to round 2 of the EIIF.
Like with many grants, the application period is limited, as is the number of grants available. The EIIF round 2 gives up to $6m to support synthetic biology and biomanufacturing. The grants are looking to support specific infrastructure, equipment, facilities and platforms. Furthermore, the EIIF allows for such as prototyping, testing of products and scaleup.
- Applications are now open and the closing date is 20 October 2022. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in December 2022.
- The grant application is a merit-based application process.
- Universities, public and private research organisations and facilities are open to applying for the grant.
- Private companies providing facilities and programs which could be open for access can also apply.
- Applicants are encouraged to collaborate, reducing the number of proposals, which need to be assessed.
- Applications for EIIF close on 20 October 2022.
If you need any assistance in applying for Emerging Industry Infrastructure Grant (EIIF) Round 2, please contact BridgePoint Group’s Head of Innovation Advisory, Alan Baghdasarayan on 1300 656 141 or email him – email@example.com