BridgePoint Group is seeking a highly capable, self-directed and results driven candidate to join its fast-growing Innovation Advisory division.
Are you passionate and skilled at assisting companies to boost cashflow by obtaining various government incentives? Are you seasoned in managing clients across a variety of industries? Would you enjoy contributing to a great company culture and supportive team environment, that strives to push the boundaries of accounting and advisory with technology and innovation? Do you have a youthful mindset where you aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo in pursuit of progress? If the answer is yes to the above, then this opportunity could be the next best chapter in your career.
Who We Are
At BridgePoint Group, our vision is to empower, guide and assist business owners throughout Australia to take their business to new levels of performance and growth to stay ahead of their competition in our ever-changing and disruptive world. We are at the forefront of providing wholistic and cutting-edge business and corporate advisory services as well as Innovation, accounting, tax, legal and transactional services. Our values are embedded in integrity, humility, having a growth-mindset, having fun, and providing our clients with real value and impact, that lasts.
About This Unique Role
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced professional that has experience with primarily the R&D Tax Incentive, as well as the Export Market Development Grant, Early Stage Innovation Company Program, and Accelerating Commercialisation Grant.
The candidate will also need to be technically proficient, as well as confident and competent in managing client relationships. Furthermore, the right candidate will also be astute at managing key internal stakeholders, including senior management and owners of the firm.
We see this role being part-time or full-time. It might suit someone that wants to work 3-4 or 5 days a week and would like to be able to spend at least some of that time working from home.
- Analyse and interpret information to assess clients' eligibility for the R&D tax incentive or other grant programs
- Actively participate in client meetings to understand the technologies our clients are developing
- Prepare and collate necessary R&D Tax Incentive and other grant documentation for presentation to all relevant stakeholders
- Prepare necessary calculations
- Building relationships and working directly with clients including CEOs, CFOs etc. located across Australia
- Analysis of client documentation
- Research and review of industry/competitor activities for comparing initiatives with current technologies in the industry
Required Skills & Experience
- 2 years+ experience in a similar role
- A demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively and comfortably (verbal and written) with a variety of stakeholders including within a client’s executive, finance and technical business functions
- An enthusiastic proactive work approach and an eagerness to learn about cutting-edge and emerging technologies
- An ability to multitask and work either autonomously or collaboratively with a team across various projects
- An ability to provide quality work in a fast-paced environment whilst showing a strong attention to detail
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Industry and/or research experience in software, hardware, or telecommunications technology development or a field of science, technology, or engineering
- Technical writing and communication skills ideally demonstrated through previous experience authoring academic papers, whitepapers, articles and/or tech blog posts
Character & Behavioural Traits
- Strong at strategic planning and execution
- Effective communicator
- Financially literate
- Great coordinator – Can manage numerous projects
- Strategic thinker – Innovative, creative, logical, emotional intelligence
- Attention to detail and big picture focused
- Coachable and teachable
- Humble high performer
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Values growth and contribution
If you feel like this unique opportunity was made for you, then please get in touch with Alan from BridgePoint Group for more information. Please send through your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take it from there.