We spend 30 seconds getting to know Mitchell Turnbull.
- Mitchell, where did you grow up?
I grew up in Silverwater in Sydney.
- What’s one thing people probably don’t know about you?
Judging by the number of people who make a comment, people probably don’t know that Tamara Turnbull is my sister, not my wife!
- What did you want to be when you were a child?
I always wanted to be a professional athlete or a race car driver when I was a kid. Couldn’t be further from what I ended up doing!
- Where did you do your study?
I did my university degree via correspondence. The course was through the University of South Australia. Post-university, I completed the CA program through the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Give us a brief career history?
I started my career in accounting when I was 18, at a mid-tier firm in Sydney. I stayed at the one firm for 5 years before venturing out on my own for a short period of time. I then joined BridgePoint Group and have happily been here since.
- What do you do at BridgePoint Group?
I provide a wide range of accounting services which vary from general tax and financial statement preparation to outsourced CFO services to help our clients with strategic financial decision making.
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Not to judge myself on the progress of others. Everyone is at a different point in their life/journey and I should only judge myself on the standards I set for myself.